Proposed Freedom of Information Reform (Scotland) Bill
Katy Clark, West Scotland, Scottish Labour
This is a proposal for a Member’s Bill
Date lodged: 01 November 2022
A proposal for a bill to reform Freedom of Information legislation in Scotland including to:
- extend coverage to all bodies delivering public services, services of a public nature and publicly funded services
- create a role of Freedom of Information officer
- increase the proactive publication of information
- improve enforcement where necessary
- and improve compliance with human rights law.
The consultation closed on 14 March 2023 (previously 2 February 2023).