About the talks
We run regular short talks for visitors who are on a tight schedule. There’s no need to book in advance.
Our 10 minute talks cover topics including:
- the history of the Scottish Parliament
- the work of our MSPs
- the architecture and design of our building
You can ask our Visitor Services team when these talks will be taking place on the day of your visit.
These are not tours – you will remain in the Main Hall area for the duration of the talk.
Plan your visit
If you are visiting the Parliament, there is a code of behaviour that you need to follow.
For all visits, please:
- remember that this is a working Parliamentary building
- obey all instructions from Parliamentary officials
- keep all bags with you or place them in the baggage store or public lockers
- do not smoke in the building
- do not eat or drink, except in the restaurants
- return your “Visitor” lanyard and pass, when leaving
- collect any items retained by Security as you go out
- note that the display of banners, flags or political slogans, including on clothing and accessories, is forbidden
For visits to see parliamentary business, please:
- enter, sit in and leave the galleries quietly
- switch any mobile devices to silent
- do not cause a distraction or disrupt parliamentary business – for example, telephone calls must not be taken or made
- do not applaud or shout out during meetings
- do not take photos, videos or make any form of recording during parliamentary business
- obtain prior permission to paint, sketch or draw
- remain seated throughout the whole 45-minute session, if your ticket is for First Minister’s Question Time
- only use social media discreetly and in complete silence
Days and times
Monday to Saturday