About Chamber business
Chamber business usually takes place on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the afternoon, when parliament is sitting. It includes debates, questions or statements.
You can request a ticket for any time slot, just choose whichever time suits you best.
You can come and go at any time during the time slot. You can request a maximum of 5 tickets up to 1 week in advance.
Booking ahead is not essential for debates in the Chamber – you can just arrive on the day, and get one from our front desk. The only exception to that is FMQs.
Plan your visit
- Hearing loops are installed in the Debating Chamber. This connects to hearing aids which have a 'T-Switch'
- If you need a British Sign Language interpreter or other support, please contact us with as much notice as possible
- Wheelchairs are available and the public gallery of the Debating Chamber has wheelchair spaces
If you are visiting the Parliament, there is a code of behaviour that you need to follow.
For all visits, please:
- remember that this is a working Parliamentary building
- obey all instructions from Parliamentary officials
- keep all bags with you or place them in the baggage store or public lockers
- do not smoke in the building
- do not eat or drink, except in the restaurants
- return your “Visitor” lanyard and pass, when leaving
- collect any items retained by Security as you go out
- note that the display of banners, flags or political slogans, including on clothing and accessories, is forbidden
For visits to see parliamentary business, please:
- enter, sit in and leave the galleries quietly
- switch any mobile devices to silent
- do not cause a distraction or disrupt parliamentary business – for example, telephone calls must not be taken or made
- do not applaud or shout out during meetings
- do not take photos, videos or make any form of recording during parliamentary business
- obtain prior permission to paint, sketch or draw
- remain seated throughout the whole 45-minute session, if your ticket is for First Minister’s Question Time
- only use social media discreetly and in complete silence
Days and times
Tuesday and Wednesday:
2pm to 4pm
4pm to 6pm
12.45pm to 1.30pm
2pm to 4pm
4pm to 6pm