Organise an event, exhibition or photocall for MSPs
MSP-sponsored events, exhibitions and photocalls are a way for organisations to inform the work of MSPs. They take place when Parliament is sitting. They can’t take place during recess.
Events and photocalls are allocated on a 12-month rolling basis. Exhibitions are scheduled once or twice a year, depending on demand.
If you’d like to request an MSP-sponsored event, exhibition or photocall, use the forms on this page. Please send your request form as far in advance as possible.
For any other queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Events are aimed at raising awareness of relevant issues with MSPs. They can take place in various locations in the building, based on the nature and size of the event. We can provide some audio-visual equipment free of charge, subject to availability. Read more information about the building’s accessibility.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6pm to 8pm
- Thursdays from 1pm to 2.15pm and 5.30pm to 7.30pm
If you’d like to request an MSP-sponsored event, use this form:
Exhibitions for MSPs must:
- inform the work of the Parliament, and
- raise the awareness of MSPs on relevant issues.
The content of an exhibition should be agreed with your sponsoring MSP.
Exhibitions take place in two passholder areas of the building: the Garden Lobby and Members' Lobby. Exhibitions must fit in the available display space, which includes gallery walling (4.9 metres long and 1.97 metres high) with lighting, a hanging kit and a 24” monitor. Read more information about the building’s accessibility.
Exhibitions are usually set up on a Tuesday morning and taken down on a Thursday afternoon.
If you’d like to request an MSP-sponsored exhibition, use this form:
For more detailed information on hosting an exhibition, read our guidance document:
Photocalls are opportunities to photograph MSPs for a specific organisation or cause. Photocalls usually take place in the Garden Lobby, either on
- Tuesday and Wednesday lunchtime before Chamber business, or
- Thursday after First Minister’s Questions.
Photocalls are an opportunity for all MSPs to participate. You can also arrange a photocall with the party leaders only.
If you’d like to request a photocall, please use the form listed under the 'Events' tab.
All events, exhibitions and photocalls should align with the aims of the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body (SPCB). That is, they should support the work of MSPs.
All events, exhibitions and photocalls must:
- be sponsored by an MSP, a group of MSPs, a Cross-Party Group, a Committee or the SPCB
- meet the SPCB’s operational terms and conditions for events and exhibitions
- not be party political. But, they may reflect a sponsoring MSP's interests, beliefs or policy position
They must also:
- relate to parliamentary business
- support MSPs in their parliamentary role, like helping to inform MSPs on a specific issue.
Venues are available at no cost. This is so events, exhibitions and photocalls can support organisations and individuals to engage with the work of the Parliament and its MSPs.
For events, there are costs for using:
- audio-visual equipment not already included
- our on-site catering services.
Some organisations use a commercial sponsor to assist with the costs of their event.
Fundraising events are not allowed at the Scottish Parliament.
Events and exhibitions will follow the current rules to make sure they are delivered in a safe environment.
This can be discussed in more detail with the Events and Exhibitions Team.