Skip to main content

Language: English / Gàidhlig


Seòmar agus comataidhean

Question reference: S6W-23045

  • Date lodged: 17 November 2023
  • Current status: Answered by Patrick Harvie on 4 December 2023


To ask the Scottish Government what support is available for (a) private residential homeowners, (b) housing associations, (c) businesses and (d) commercial building landlords to replace double glazed windows and doors with triple glazing.


The Scottish Government does not provide funding for residential homeowners to upgrade double glazing to triple glazing. Funding through our domestic Heat in Buildings funding schemes are prioritised for energy efficiency measures which provide comparatively better energy use and emissions savings, taking into account the cost of the measure; and for which demand would be lower without government support.

Details on loan funding provided through our Home Energy Scotland Grant and Loan scheme for double glazing and insulated doors can be found at:

Housing Associations can apply for grant funding from the Social Housing Net Zero Heat fund for the installation of energy efficiency measures that deliver both carbon savings and reduction in fuel bills for social housing tenants. These measures include double and triple glazing and insulated doors. The fund is making at least £200 million available to registered social landlords (RSLs) to help install zero emission heating systems and improve energy efficiency in social housing during this parliament.

Should a business or commercial landlord be recommended improvements for their windows and doors through the Business Energy Scotland advice service and meet the eligibility criteria for the SME Loan and Cashback scheme, they could be eligible for between £1,000 - £100,000 interest free loan and up to £20,000 in an energy efficiency cashback grant. Making the total amount of Scottish Government funding available for these measures to be £120,000.