Skip to main content

Language: English / Gàidhlig


Seòmar agus comataidhean

Question reference: S6W-13175

  • Asked by: Foysol Choudhury, MSP for Lothian, Scottish Labour
  • Date lodged: 13 December 2022
  • Current status: Answered by Shona Robison on 11 January 2023


To ask the Scottish Government what action it is taking to assist any key workers affected by long COVID who are threatened with losing their homes due to their condition.


Within the financial year 2022-23, we’ve made available an initial £3 million from our £10 million long COVID Support Fund to provide NHS boards and partners with additional resource to deliver the best local models of care for assessment, and support for the treatment or management of symptoms.

Anyone who is at risk of homelessness as a result of long-COVID or any other reason can contact their local authority for advice and support. Additionally home owners with a mortgage are encouraged to engage with their lenders at an early stage to discuss their options and tenants should contact their landlord. Other organisations such as Shelter Scotland and Citizen Advice Scotland are also able to provide advice and support.

Supported by Scottish Government funding, the Money Talk Team service is delivered by the Citizens Advice Network in Scotland and provides an income maximisation service, including advice on welfare reform and debt to help clients save money, access benefits and grants they are entitled to and deal with debt problems.