Everything you need to know about committees
- What is a committee?
- What do committees do?
- How are committees formed?
- What are the roles in a committee?
- How do committees hold the Scottish Government to account?
- What’s the difference between committees and Cross-Party Groups?
- How to get involved
What are the roles in a committee?
- chairs committee meetings
- speaks on behalf of the committee
- agrees agendas for committee meetings
The Deputy Convener
The deputy convener takes on the convener’s responsibilities when they're not available.
All committee members, including the convener and deputy convener:
- help decide on the committee's work programme
- ask witnesses (members of the public, organisations, or experts) questions in committee meetings
- contribute to and agree committee reports and other documents