Guide to information
All public authorities in Scotland where the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 applies must have a publication scheme to:
- provide classes of information published by the organisation
- tell you how you can find information and explain if it is free or if there is a charge
- Class 1: about the Scottish Parliament and SPCB
- Class 2: how we deliver our functions and services
- Class 3: how we take decisions and what we have decided
- Class 4: what we spend and how we spend it
- Class 5: how we manage our human, physical and information resources
- Class 6: how we procure goods and services from external providers
- Class 7: how we are performing
- Class 8: our commercial publications
- Class 9: our open data
- Contacting us
You can contact us for advice or help with any aspect of the information in the model scheme.
If you need to access information in a format or language not provided on our website, please contact us using the information below. You can write to us in any recognised language.
You can also ask for information we do not publish by making a Freedom of Information (FOI) request in terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Environmental Information Requests apply a similar system to environmental information held by both the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body (SPCB).
Head of Information Governance
The Scottish Parliament
Telephone: 0131 348 6913 (Calls using the Text Relay service are welcome)
Textphone: 0800 092 7100
We welcome calls in British Sign Language through contactSCOTLAND-BSL.
Our Public Information team can help you if you have a question about the Parliament, its membership, business or procedures. Information on how to contact them is available on our Contact us page.
Air aisClass 9: our open data