Future of Football in Scotland
This Cross-party group's purpose:
- To create a platform with key stakeholders, to discuss how football (and community football clubs) can help support the population being more active, linked to the overall National Active Framework.
- To highlight and promote the ‘Value of Football’ and how local communities using the Scottish FA/UEFA SROI work to help influence Government Policy.
- Affordability – To debate and make recommendations on the issues of affordability for local community clubs accessing facilities.
- Accessibility (Community) – To debate and make recommendations on the issues facing local community clubs in relation to the accessibility of local facilities (for example, Schools lets, Community Asset Transfer).
- Accessibility (National) – To debate the accessibility of all Scottish football stadiums, highlighting best practice and make any suitable recommendations.
- To create, a platform that highlights best practice in Scottish Football, which will enable the game to be driven forward at a national, grassroots and community level.
If you want to get in touch, you can contact Rob Byrne
Involved in the group
MSPs, individuals and organisations who participate in and support this group.
Party: Scottish National Party
MSP for: Coatbridge and Chryston (Constituency)
Party: Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
MSP for: Lothian (Region)
Scottish Football Association - secretary and treasurer
Scottish Professional Football League
Scottish Women’s Football
Scottish Disabled Supporters’ Association
Scottish Football Supporters’ Association
Professional Footballers’ Association