Future of Football in Scotland
This Cross-party group's purpose:
- To create a platform with key stakeholders, to discuss how football (and community football clubs) can help support the population being more active, linked to the overall National Active Framework.
- To highlight and promote the ‘Value of Football’ and how local communities using the Scottish FA/UEFA SROI work to help influence Government Policy.
- Affordability – To debate and make recommendations on the issues of affordability for local community clubs accessing facilities.
- Accessibility (Community) – To debate and make recommendations on the issues facing local community clubs in relation to the accessibility of local facilities (for example, Schools lets, Community Asset Transfer).
- Accessibility (National) – To debate the accessibility of all Scottish football stadiums, highlighting best practice and make any suitable recommendations.
- To create, a platform that highlights best practice in Scottish Football, which will enable the game to be driven forward at a national, grassroots and community level.
The next meeting of the CPG on the Future Of Football In Scotland is due to take place on the 29th June from 13:00-14:00
If you want to get in touch, you can contact Rob Byrne
Involved in the group
MSPs, individuals and organisations who participate in and support this group.
Party: Scottish National Party
MSP for: Coatbridge and Chryston (Constituency)
Party: Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party
MSP for: Lothian (Region)
Scottish Football Association - secretary and treasurer
Scottish Professional Football League
Scottish Women’s Football
Scottish Disabled Supporters’ Association
Scottish Football Supporters’ Association
Professional Footballers’ Association